The CHERRY CREEK PARENT INSTITUTE is back!
June 17-20 and June 24-27, 2013
We’re in the process of finalizing the schedule, so please check back soon.
All sessions will be drop-in; advance registration is not required.
Currently, we have several openings on our board of directors. We’re a team of passionate, caring individuals. Together, our board and volunteers established the two-week Parent Institute, created this website, and much more. If you want to effect systemic change on the district and state level, come join us!
Given that all children have a right
to develop their full potential,
ChCAGT’s Mission is to:
- foster an understanding of gifted and advanced learners, and their exceptional needs;
- advocate for appropriate education through partnership with educators, parents, administrators, legislators, and the general public;
- work collaboratively with the Board of Education, district administration, educators at all levels, parents and their children to best meet the needs of gifted and advanced learners.
ChCAGT’s Goals are to:
- to nurture positive communication and partnerships between parents of gifted and advanced learners and the community;
- to support the Cherry Creek School District’s programming services, staff development and communication network in
order to meet the unique needs of gifted and advanced children;
- to educate parents and the community about these unique needs and the services available to the District’s gifted and talented students and their parents and teachers, through our newsletter and informational meetings.
We are a local affiliate of the Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented (CAGT). CAGT sponsors an annual conference for educators every fall, attended by hundreds of teachers and administrators, as well as an annual Parent Institute and Legislative Day at the Capitol. CAGT website: www.coloradogifted.org
CAGT is the local affiliate of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC), with a membership of over 7,000 nationwide. NAGC sponsors a national convention every fall. NAGC website: www.nagc.org